This would be my first post and I am very excited. Cooking has never been a hobby that i am passionate about but I did manage to master a few recipes that comes very handy when in emergency. Today I am going to share one such very favorite recipe of mine that have always been a life saver whenever I had to cook for myself. Its pasta with shrimps and eggs tossed in classic mayonnaise and other sauces.
Pasta has now become a favorite among many and I particularly like it because it is tasty and pasta preparations can be made real fast. The measures in following recipe yields enough for 4 people and you can have it with a side dish or just alone. So, let’s get going with the recipe then!
- elbow pasta – 400 g
- capsicum – 1 large, cut into thin and small slices
- onions – 2-3 large, chopped
- carrots – 1 medium chopped
- shrimps – 12 large de-veined
- egg whites – 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- mayonnaise – 1 cup
- pasta seasoning – 1 tbsp
- white oil
- red chili sauce
- garlic paste – 1 tea spoon
- Boil the pasta in a pan with approximately 300 ml water, a tea spoon of oil and 1/2 tea spoon salt for about 7-8 minutes. the pasta should be firm to bite but not too hard. remove from heat and drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan fry the egg whites and scramble them first and keep it aside. in the same pan fry the shrimps and add a tea spoon of vinegar while frying them, Fry the shrimps well until they are taut and the smell is gone.
- In a pan heat oil and add the garlic paste. Next add the onions and fry them for 2 minutes. Toss the vegetables in white oil ( around 3 table spoon) and add the eggs and shrimps in it along with the onions and garlic. Close the lid and let the vegetables cook for sometime. When they are thoroughly boiled and soft to bite, slowly add the pasta in small portions and continue stirring. Add the salt and pepper according to your taste in this step.
- Divide the pasta in the serving bowls or plates and top it with refrigerated mayonnaise that you have prepares before. I used home made classic mayonnaise in which I added red chili sauce, pasta seasoning that contains garlic powder, rosemary, basil, pepper, chili flakes, and oregano.
- The preparation tastes equally good when served hot or cold.
- You can use boiled or grilled chicken bits, crab meat as well along with shrimps or just as replacements of shrimps. If you are using crab meat then make sure you cook it well before using it in this recipe.
- A vegetarian version would be to replace shrimps with mushrooms, baby corns and cottage cheese.
- you can add various other vegetables like beans, olives, baby tomatoes and bell peppers as well.
- I skipped the cheese, but topping it with grated cheese brings a complete new dimension to the taste ( and a dimension for calories as well!)
- you can tweak the mayonnaise recipe and get various different tastes each time or simply replace the mayo with other sauces.
Another spicier version of this recipe is coming along soon so stay tuned and keep cooking!