After the shrimp pasta with mayonnaise, this is another variation of the same cuisine but a lot more spicier. I love pasta and it is the perfect meal for me when I want to make something fast without any fuss. This recipe is one that I innovated by chance while having some fun with the sauces. 🙂 SO, underneath is the recipe that have been keeping me happy for years when I want to treat myself. the measures are given for serving 3 people. the entire cooking process takes 20 minutes at most(leaving out the time you need for chopping the veggies).
- pasta 250 grams
- capsicum 1 medium- finely chopped
- carrot 1 small- finely chopped
- beans- 6-7-chopped in small pieces
- onions- 2 medium finely chopped
- shrimps(a many as you like)- chopped
- chicken- boiled and shredded(100 g)
- eggs- 3
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic paste- 1 tea spoon
For the sauce
- 150 ml cup
- tomato sauce-1/3rd of the cup
- red chili sauce-according to your taste
- soy sauce- 4 table spoon
- lemon juice-1 table spoon
- vinegar- 1 table spoon
- whisk all these together and the end result should yield you one cup full of sauce.
- Boil the pasta in water with 1 tea spoon also and little salt. Drain the water after 7-8 minutes and wash the pasta with cold water and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, heat some oil(2 tbsp) and fry the eggs. keep them aside. In the same pan, fry the prawn bits and when they are almost cooked, add the boiled and shredded chicken bits to it. Add little salt and pepper(keep in mind that you would be adding salt and pepper later as well so use them accordingly) and fry them thoroughly until the chicken strips start looking light golden and the prawns reddish.
- Add a little more oil (1 tbsp)and add onions and keep stirring for a couple of minutes. Then add the garlic paste and stir some more. Add all the other vegetables, salt to taste and more pepper and close the lid and lower the flame. let it cook for five minutes more or until the vegetables are soft to bite.
- Remove the lid and add about a third of the sauce you had prepared earlier and the eggs and stir well. Add some of the pasta and keep stirring. continue layering the sauce and the pasta until the sauce is completely used up and all the pasta added to the cooking. Turn off the flame and close the lid and leave it like that for some time.
- Serve it hot and garnish it with sweet chili sauce and cheese if you wish to. I skipped the cheese.
- Since you are using soy sauce liberally and also adding salt while frying the prawns, do not overdo the salt when you are adding it the final time while frying the veggies.
- You can increase the amount of prawns and chicken you would like to add and also use grilled chicken instead of boiled ones.
- You can completely leave out the prawns and chicken and replace them with cottage cheese, mushrooms and baby corns.
- Baby corns crisply fried in sweet chili sauce topped on this pasta’s vegetarian version is a mouth watering combination. (At least I like it)
- The paprika, peppers and chili sauce should be used keeping in mind how much spicy you want your cooking to be.
- Though spicier, this is healthier than the pasta with mayonnaise. If you leave out paprika and cheese and garlic, this is the healthiest pasta recipe you can have.